--> <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, December 13, 2003

Inscribed on the tomb of an Anglican Bishop in Westminster Abby (1100 A.D.)


When I was young and free
and my imagination had no limits,
I dreamed of changing the world.
As I grew older and wiser,
I discovered
the world would not change,
so I shortened my sights somewhat
and decided to change only my country.

But it too
seemed immovable.

As I grew into my twilight years,
in one last desperate attempt,
I settled for changing only family,
those closest to me,
but alas, they would have none of it.

And now as I lay on my deathbed,
I suddenly realize:
If I had only changed myself first,
then by example
I would have
changed my family.

From their inspiration
and encouragement,
I would then
have been able to better my country
and, who knows,
I may have even
changed the world.


taken from Diana's blog

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

..."I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee" (Hebrew 13:5)
 
  • Get Firefox!
     
    Bastian
                >