--> <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, March 10, 2004

I taught at SMAK Penabur this morning. What an experience! My audience is third grade students of high school. Wanna know the topic? Reported Speech.

I haven’t touched my grammar book for quite a long time and suddenly I have to teach reported speech. Luckily, my collection of grammar books are still there and internet helps me a lot in refreshing my mind. The Grammar Book by Marianne Celce-Murcia & Diane Larsen-Freeman is my main book, the others are Colins Cobuild English Grammar, Fundamentals of English Grammar by Betty Schrampfer Azar and A Practical English Grammar, Exercises 2 that contains lots of execises.

Everyhing went well. I taught for 1 hour, accompanied by the principal and the English teacher who both sat in the back. I started with examples of Yes/No Questions in quoted speech and explained how to change them into reported speech, followed by questions using question words. The students’re quite active, they’re willing to participate.

An hour passed very fast. Before having an opportunity to introduce past forms, the bell rang and I had to stop. All the students stood up and greeted thank you before I left the class.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

..."I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee" (Hebrew 13:5)
 
  • Get Firefox!
     
    Bastian
                >