--> <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, March 15, 2004

REPORTED SPEECH/ INDIRECT SPEECH / KALIMAT TIDAK LANGSUNG
Quoted speech / direct speech


Do you bring your homework?
(You -> jamak, kalian semua

The teacher asked if /whether we brought our homework

Do you bring your homework?
(You-> tunggal)
The teacher asked if / whether I brought my homework

Dalam reported speech, mesti diperhatikan perubahan tense (waktu) dan pronoun (kata ganti), contoh di atas kan cukup jelas.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jenis pertanyaan kan ada dua, Yes / No question atau Question using question words (What, How, When, Where, etc)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What are you doing now?
The teacher asked what I was doing then

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have you had your breakfast?
The teacher asked if / whether I had had my breakfast

Have you taken your breakfast?
The teacher asked if / whether I had taken my breakfast

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Were you present yesterday?
The teacher asked if I had been present the previous day / the day before

What did you do yesterday?
The teacher asked what I had done the previous day.

Pastikan kalo sudah berbentuk reported speech, kalimat tanya menjadi kalimat biasa dan tidak memakai question mark / tanda tanya lagi.

Do you know where the canteen is?
The teacher asked if / whether I knew where the canteen was.

Bukan

The teacher asked if / whether I knew where was the canteen.

Can we do exercises now?
The teacher asked if we could do exercises then.

May it rain?
The teacher asked if it might rain.

Shall I give you exercises?
The teacher asked if he should give us exercises.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bagaimana kalo bentuk quoted speech-nya future (BUKAN QUESTION)
Contoh:

There will be a test tomorrow

The teacher said, “There will be a test tomorrow.”

The teacher said / told us that there would be a test the following day / the next day.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

..."I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee" (Hebrew 13:5)
 
  • Get Firefox!
     
    Bastian
                >