--> <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Andrew Goutama, Wednesday, 1 September 2004
Liquid mixed with blood kept dripping from my wife’s vagina and made her underwear wet. It was 10 pm. She was worried and asked me to drive her to the hospital. I was reluctant because I thought it was usual due to vaginal observation by our obstretrician a day before. Anyway, tomorrow morning, we’re scheduled to check in to the hospital for normal vaginal delivery.

We arrived at the hospital at 11 pm and directly went to observation room at second floor. The nurses checked my wife condition and it turned out the the liquid was from her fetal membrane. We’re advised to check in right away. We’re checked in at room 3411 at third floor. At the same time, we also decided to undergo caesarean section and our obstretrician plus pediatric and anaesthetist we had just chosen agreed to schedule it tomorrow morning at 7 am.

At 1 am on 2 September 2004, my wife had contractions. She was so painful that she was moved back to observation room on second floor. There, she stayed for about 1 to 2 hours and later she asked to be moved back to her room because she couldn’t stand a baby’s crying just delivered next to her. Back to our room, she had a more intense contractions, every 5 minutes. It was 3 am, still 4 hours to 7 am. Getting closer to 7 am, she had even more intense contractions, every minute, that she couldn’t stand it, crying and yelling. The hand of clock hanging on the wall seemed so slow.

At 6 am, the nurses asked my wife to be prepared by taking a bath. At 7 am, she was moved to a theater at second floor. I was not allowed to accompany her inside the theater so I just waited outside the door worriedly. I sent short messages to Rm. Agus in Malang and Rm. Yus asking for their prayers. Rm. Agus replied me by saying he would pray for us, so did Rm.Yus.

At 8 am, I was called to a room next to the theater. My newborn baby was there, clean and fresh. He weighted 4320 gr and his height’s 50 cm. All the nurses congratulated me, including the anaesthetist. The anaesthetist told me that everything went smoothly. I was relieved.

An hour later, my wife woke up and we went to our room. This time, I was completely relieved. Thank God that everything went well. I thanked those who had prayed for me and I also sent messages to friends and relatives informing the good news.

I named my son Andrew Goutama. Goutama has its root from Goh (Hokkien) or Ng (Hakka) or Wu (Mandarin).

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

..."I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee" (Hebrew 13:5)
 
  • Get Firefox!
     
    Bastian
                >