--> <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, September 16, 2004

Do you know how I came up with Andrew Goutama for my son’s name?
I and my wife had difficulty in finding a last name for our son. For first name, we had agreed from the start to use Andrew, similar to my name.

While waiting for my wife to be conscious from operation theatre, I had a chat with my brother in-law. We were talking about names. I told him that since my family name is Goh / Ng / Wu, I needed to use it for my son’s name but I didn’t want it to sound so chinese. His wife interupted our conversation and proposed Goutama for the last name. I agreed because it sounded so right and it carried a meaning inside. Instead of using Prawira or Pratama which I didn’t feel comfortable with.

Anton, my cousin, had suggested me before to use two-word name instead of three words so I didn’t include Ignatius as his baptismal name in his birth certificate.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

..."I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee" (Hebrew 13:5)
 
  • Get Firefox!
     
    Bastian
                >