--> <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, January 31, 2005

A Comprehensive Indonesian – English Dictionary by Alan M. Stevens and A. Ed Schmidgall-Tellings is a new dictionary published by Ohio University Press, published on August 1, 2004 and of course it’s a bilingual dictionary. I want to have it in my collection but haven’t found any bookstores in Jakarta or Singapore that have it. If I buy it through amazon.com, the shipping fee is about 50% of it’s price and I don’t want to spend that amount for shipping fee. The dictionary itself costs $ 65. If it’s available in Singapore, at least I can ask a favor of a friend to buy it. In fact, I did ask a favor of a friend to find the dictionary for me in Singapore but unfortunately it has not been available yet. He searched in Borders and Kinokuniya to no avail. My sincere thanks for his time.

My latest effort is to call Atmajaya library. This library specializes in books of english language, linguistics, esl, English dictionaries and it’s under faculty of english of Atmajaya. Ibu Bida of the library promised me that if she ordered the dictionary, she would order one for me. Thanks to her.

If I have the dictionary with me some day, whether Ibu Bida gets it for me or later it’s available in Jakarta or Singapore or I finally decide to order it through amazon.com, I will let you know :)

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

..."I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee" (Hebrew 13:5)
 
  • Get Firefox!
     
    Bastian
                >